Digital card system
During The Tall Ships Races, you can pay with a rechargeable card at all event areas (including the Bollekesfeest). It’s quick and easy. It works as follows:
- Get your rechargeable card at the ticket offices. You can put whichever amount you choose on the card.
- An amount can be added at the checkout with cash or bancontact/maestro/visa. You can also recharge your card using payconiq via smartphone.
- Pay at the bar or food stand. Do this by holding your card against the payment unit. Your order total will immediately be deducted from your card.
- Want to know how much money is left on your card? At the register or a bar, hold your card up to the payment unit. Your remaining balance is also shown after each purchase.
- After the event, you will be refunded the remaining amount. To do so, go to tallships.antwerpen.be/refund. Between 27 July at 9am and 9 August at 11:59pm, you can request a refund here. Enter your card number, e-mail address and bank account number.
TIP: You can combine the balances from several cards onto one card. To do so, go to the checkout.
Lost your card? You can get a new card at the register. However, the amount on the old card will be lost.
Reusable cups and plates
You will also need your rechargeable debit card for the reusable cups (and plates in Zaha Hadidplein). For the use of a cup or plate, you pay a €2 deposit. When you place an order, this deposit is automatically deducted from your rechargeable card. When you leave the event, you can:
- donate your deposit to charity (River Cleanup) by putting your cup in the donation box
- return your cup at the trade-in point and get €2 added to your rechargeable card
You can then ask for your money back in the same way as mentioned above, via tallships.antwerpen.be/refund